Monday, September 23, 2013

While the kids are away....

So, for the first time in my life as a mother, I have an ENTIRE day to myself...every day!  All of my kids are in school full time!  I have spent quite a bit of time at the office helping Casey get un-buried from our crazy, busy summer.  I have also spent some time learning a new cake decorating technique.  (It's actually not totally new...it's been around for a while but it is new to me.)  For her birthday coming up at the end of the month, Charlotte wants an "Oswald and Mickey Mouse" cake.  She doesn't really like fondant though so I thought I would give this new technique a practice try.  Here is the result: (I picked one of the Aristocats because there is relatively little detail in it.)  Turned out pretty good don't you think?

Here is the youtube video I watched to teach me how to do it if any of you are interested!



Another project I have started/am completing is my scrapbooking from many days gone by.  Poor Lydia is almost seven years old and she does not have a baby book yet.  Poor kid.  Every once in a while she asks me where her baby book is.  Sorry honey...life got crazy.  So, for Christmas, I am determined to finish it for her.  With the rest of my free time, I have been finishing the last pages of her book!  Here are a few:











My kids are so young in these pictures!  Wasn't it just yesterday that they were that little?  Anyway, I have been having so much fun re-living Lydia's first year of life.  Hopefully she will appreciate this scrapbook...seven years late!
Here is our latest week of life:






1 comment: