Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Gingerbread

Our family is blessed with the greatest Grandma who lives just a few blocks away.  On Saturday, she invited the girls over to make a gingerbread house with her.  When she mentioned it to me, I imagined little graham cracker houses but was surprised when she told me she needed the girls for 6 hours!  No graham crackers this year....she was making the whole thing from scratch.  She taught the girls how to cut the gingerbread, bake it and even how to make stained glass windows.   Oh my, they had fun and their finished "church" turned out great!  We love our Grandma Walburger!

(Casey and I also appreciated our 6 hours of freedom!  We finished the shopping and got some lunch)












We also had our December voice recital.  I am having trouble uploading to Youtube but I did get a few on there.  (These are for you Grandma Millar!)  Here is the link for Maggie:


And Jillian:



And finally, the girls have been singing this song in French for the last month.  Casey has made them sing it no less than 30 times over the month of December.  We were even in a restaurant the other day and he asked the staff if they'd like to hear the girls sing.  They were embarrassed but indulged him anyway.  Because they are constantly singing it, Lydia started to learn it and last night, when asked to sing it for the final time, she hopped up there and sang her heart out.  here is the video:


Here is our last week.  Let me know if the pic doesn't enlarge when you click on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment