Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's been a while...

Hello everyone!  Remember me?  It has been a while since I updated this old blog of mine.  The truth is, our family has been going through some trials that have prevented me from even wanting to blog.  (It's nothing too serious...don't worry, just needed to focus my energies elsewhere.)  So, now that things have settled down some, I need to give some attention to the blog...particularly because my poor parents are in Russia and haven't seen a single picture of their grandchildren for three months!  A lot happens in three months!

So, here is a very quick recap of the events of the last three months:

First up, We have a seven year old!  Lydia turned seven in January and she desperately wanted an Olaf cake.  For those of you that don't know (my parents), Olaf is a character from the newest Disney movie, Frozen.  Frozen has become an absolute obsession in our house.  Surprisingly, it's my fifteen year old daughter that is completely in love with that movie.  She's seen it over fifteen times!  Anyway, Lydia had a great, yet simple birthday with cake, presents, and most importantly, family!


Soon after Lydia's birthday, we decided to throw a Disney Party.  (It was a much needed distraction).  We invited some of our dearest friends and everyone came dressed in costume.  I will dedicate a whole blog post to that rocking party tomorrow but for now,  you get a picture of our dear Mary Poppins!


The other big event that took place last month was that Casey and I (at the VERY last minute) took off for Florida to board the Disney Dream.  We took a four day cruise to the Bahamas!  (I will make that trip it's own blog post as well).  Needless to say, it was the most amazing trip the two of us have ever taken!


We ate...a LOT!

We enjoyed the sun.  (We left at a time when Springfield was covered in snow and ice)


Anyway, more on that later.

Next up, we had a few more birthdays.  Allison turned 10 in February.

Allison is very in to dragons right now.  Her shelves are littered with the most amazing, realistic dragon figurines that she collects.  I made her a dragon cake this year.  She was so thrilled with it!  (It took me two tries to get it right...the first dragon just didn't turn out like I wanted.)

Again, we had family over for a simple party.  She is such a wonderful girl and a joy to our lives!

Allison LOVES Disney Infinity.  (For those of you that don't know, it is a new game for the Playstation that is never-ending...seriously, they are constantly making new game sets for it...that we can then buy for birthdays.)

My teenagers went on a temple trip this month too!  It is so fun to see all three of them go to the temple!


It was my 41st birthday this last month too!  I have never been so spoiled.  Casey took me to the Valley River Inn for the night where he decorated the room in rose petals, balloons and presents.  It was an amazing evening...dinner and movie included!

The next night, some of the ladies from our ward dropped off dinner for us.  (Along with gifts.)  We have such amazing friends!

A week later, my dear friend Kelli came over and made me lunch.  She has a panini maker and made these awesome sandwiches!  Again, I LOVE my friends!

As for the kids, some big things happened.  Charlotte was selected to sing in the high school's highest choir, High Energy.  She was the only Freshman asked to sing in it.  She is LOVING it so much!  She also plays the piano for the Acapella Choir.  We just have to make sure that her studies don't suffer..she tends to get distracted with all of the singing and piano playing.



Maggie is loving middle school.  She plays the cello in orchestra and the clarinet in the band.  She also loves to draw dragons and spends hours in her room, sketching.


Lastly, our Jillian got her braces off! She is so happy to be free of them and she looks so different now.  We love this girl so much!


So, in a nutshell, that is what we have been doing since December.  I will update with our Disney party and our cruise very soon!  It has been a memorable ten weeks!

Here is the most recent project 365 page that I have done.  





No comments:

Post a Comment